Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Back to Blogging! Gluten-free The Au Natural Way!

It's the new year! I love the start of a new year. There is something about that new beginning. For me it's not really about resolutions, though I certainly feel they have their value. It is more about the fact that anything is possible. I just have to get up and get started at whatever that thing is.

Don't get me wrong. I love Christmas. I love that time of year - celebrating the birth of Christ and spending time with family and friends. It is wild and hectic in a beautiful way. But I must admit that I am also happy to take the Christmas decorations down, put them away, and start working on other things.

So here I find myself. On other things. And what better way to get back on track after all that holiday eating than to focus on ways to eat gluten-free that don't involve fancy flours and processed starches? You want gluten-free the easy way? How's this: Grill or bake some chicken, steam some broccoli, bake some potatoes, and make a salad.

Don't get me wrong. I like my complicated ways of making cakes and cookies and goodies that fool even the most sensitive "gluten-free haters." I have to admit, however, that I've put on a bit of weight focusing on those recipes over the last couple of years.

Not that I won't be working on those recipes here and there as well - we all have those special occasions, after all - but I wanted share with you those healthier recipes that will help us feel great starting the new year.  You can check out some things I am looking for on my Pinterest board, Kid Friendly Clean Meals:

http://www.pinterest.com/noapologiesgf/kid-friendly-clean-meals/


And I will be sharing the things I have tried here as well as my own recipes that work along those lines. I hope you will share yours with me!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment