Thursday, October 24, 2013

Almost There GF Coffee Cake

I love coffee cake, but it is another one of those recipes that I would not have thought 'doable' gluten free. But I love it so much that I decided to give it a good try. Being the brave (or perhaps crazy) woman that I am, I threw it together and fed it to my dinner guests.


Here it is before adding the glaze.

Honestly, I thought the recipe needed a little work. The cake part turned out a little dense and gooey, but you wouldn't know it by the group of college football players who gobbled it up (including one very picky eater).

This is what was left.

I'm not going to give the recipe yet because I want to try a couple more things, but this recipe is "almost there" and one that I am excited to add to our gluten free "arsenal." Never thought of dessert as a weapon? Then you've never fed a group of college-age boys!

Oh, and by the way, I didn't apologize for the gluten free cake. I didn't happen to mention that it was gluten free at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment