Thursday, November 21, 2013

Betty Crocker gluten free cookies


In the grocery store the other day, I was looking for gluten free cookies for my grandson's upcoming visit and I will admit to being rather depressed when I saw the price of ready made GF cookies. I picked up two packages of cookies and the total cost--$12!

Then I put those cookies down and decided to try an easy GF chocolate chip cookie mix. It was a bit pricey compared to the regular cookie mixes. This one was $4.69 at Kroger. However it was much cheaper than the ready made variety. Even when I figured the cost of butter, an egg and a teaspoon of vanilla, I thought the price was SO much better.

So what was the verdict? I really like this mix. The cookies taste "homemade from scratch." I thought the cookies didn't really taste very gluten free--in fact they were quite yummy. The mix was easy. I just used a wooden spoon to mix and my kitchen still smells wonderful after the cookies were baked. I think the mix was a great idea. It doesn't make quite as many cookies as a regular mix but I baked about three dozen cookies.

All in all, a good experience. I would make them again--the last test is my grandson and I believe he will approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment