Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween -- Gluten Free Style!

We've made a number of Halloween treats this season, but there are a couple of ideas that I got from pinterest and tweaked them to make my own Gluten Free versions.



This one didn't involve much tweaking, but it was by far the easiest. All I had to do was to make sure the yummies I purchased had no gluten, which they did not. I think the one I saw on pinterest used cookie crumbs, but these sprinkles worked great. And for something so easy, my munchkin sure has enjoyed having this as an after school treat this week!



I saw this idea on pinterest as well. I simply made my own gluten free chocolate cake recipe (which I'll give you before long) in a bundt pan - twice. I made a small amount of chocolate frosting from the recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa container to put between the cakes to hold them together, and made a typical glaze coloring it with red and yellow gel food coloring. The "stem" was brown fondant icing that we molded and placed in the middle of the cake.

They were both big hits with the fam!

No comments:

Post a Comment