Monday, May 5, 2014

Gluten-free S'mores Bars Recipe

I was thinking the other day about how nice it would be to have some s'mores without the bonfire, so I decided I needed a recipe to make Gluten-free S'mores Bars. I have to say that I was *very* happy with the result!

I wish I had thought to take some pictures of the "process," but since I wasn't sure if the recipe would work out as well as I wanted the first time, I decided to wait. NEVER WAIT!!!

But here is a picture of the finished product. Boy was it tasty (or maybe I should say "is" since there is one piece left).

Gluten-free S'mores Bars

3/4 cup Potato Starch
1/2 cup Sorghum Flour
1/2 cup sweet (glutinous) rice flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar - packed
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 egg
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Giant Hershey Bars
3 cups marshmallow cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Measure dry ingredients (from the potato starch to the brown sugar) into a bowl and mix with wire whisk. Cut in butter by hand or with a pastry cutter. Add vanilla, egg, and water. Stir until all dry ingredients are wet; a sticky dough will result. After greasing a 9x13 casserole dish and your hands, press half the dough into the bottom. Set aside the other half of the dough. Layer chocolate bars over the dough. Spread the marshmallow cream over the chocolate. Lay out a big enough sheet of plastic wrap to cover your dish and grease well. With butter or oil on your hands, press the remaining dough on the saran wrap until it is the size of the casserole dish. Carefully turn over the dough on top of the marshmallow cream and peel away the plastic wrap. Press the dough to the edges of your dish. Cook at 350 for about 40-45 minutes until top is slightly brown and slightly crusty. Remove from oven and allow to completely cool before cutting.



No comments:

Post a Comment