Monday, January 6, 2014

My Gluten Free Slow Cooker Stroganoff

Can you call anything made in a crock pot "spur of the moment," because this really was. I got up one morning and thought, "What shall I do with these beef tips?" And I stuck them in the crockpot with a chopped onion, a half cup of water, and some salt cooking them on low.

About an hour before supper, I added a cup of milk with a little salt and pepper whisked with two tablespoons of corn starch. Twenty or thirty minutes later, I put some gluten free noodles (I like Tinkyada brown rice noodle spirals) on to cook, drained them, and stirred them into the mix. I removed it from the heat source and added a cup of low fat sour cream. I served it with peas and a salad, and everybody (even the baby, well, he's almost two) was happy.


The only thing I will do differently next time is add a little soy sauce to the beef in the morning.

Here are the ingredients in nice, concise recipe form, but I won't repeat the instructions if that's okay with you.

Gluten Free Slow Cooker Stroganoff

1 lb beef tips (or any beef you have cut into chunks)
1 onion chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup water
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons corn starch
1tsp salt (or to taste)
pepper to taste
1 16oz bag gluten free noodles
1 cup sour cream (low fat or fat free should be fine)

No comments:

Post a Comment