Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Gluten-free No Boil Lasagna Noodles

I recently posted about making slow cooker lasagna, and while it turned out really tasty, the noodles didn't have a lot of substance left. I got two packages, however, and decided to give them another try baked in the oven. They worked quite well, and I thought the ability to make lasagna without having to boil the noodles was fabulous! The last time I boiled gluten-free lasagna noodles, the result was a sticky mess, and it took me forever to pull it apart and get enough pieces of noodles to make the layers. The no-boil method made it a quick and easy endeavor, and I would definitely recommend this brand (seen below).

I purchased this at Walmart in their tiny, but obviously productive, gluten-free section.

And this is the resulting lasagna. When Eli asked that afternoon what we were having for dinner and my reply was, "Lasagna," he said, "You're the best mom ever!" It feels good to have a happy family, and since it's all boys but me, I have found great truth in the old saying, "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach."

No comments:

Post a Comment