Wednesday, March 12, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Treats - White Chocolate Covered Cookies - No Gluten!


This is my version of the white chocolate covered Oreos. I used the following ingredients (you will also need popsicle sticks and parchment paper):


These are Glutino chocolate cookies with vanilla creme. I don't know if they are quite as good as Oreos, BUT... Cover them in candy melts (purchased at Walmart in the cake decorating section) and St. Patty's Day sprinkles (purchased at Michael's), and you have a wonderful treat that anyone will love. As a matter of fact, I had a hard time keeping my husband from eating them before I could get a picture.

Melt your candy melts according to the package instructions. Dip your popsicle stick into the melted candy before pushing into a cookie, then set aside to dry. These cookies will come apart if you skip that step and are then impossible to dip.

When you finish that step, go back to the first cookie you put the stick into, and dip it into the chocolate. Give it a few seconds to stop dripping, then set it quickly into you sprinkles back and front. Lay on parchment or wax paper to dry.

Once they are dry, you can store them in a container, or put them into small treat bags as I did and secure with some ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment