Thursday, March 20, 2014

Ian's Panko Bread Crumbs

I make baked chicken at least once a week. I serve it with potatoes or rice, a vegetable, and a salad.  It is an easy and fairly healthy meal - minimal prep and cook time. But it can get really boring. My family never complains about that, but I have been looking for something to give the chicken a little pop. I think I have found it!



I have been seeing these gluten-free panko breadcrumbs in our local Kroger, so I finally picked up a bag to give it a try. I wanted to keep with the minimal prep idea, so I just used a little extra virgin olive oil to coat the chicken, then dipped it in the breadcrumbs. I added a bit of salt and pepper and baked it at 350, just like normal.



The result was delicious! My kids acted like I had slaved over something really special (and why would I bother to correct them?!). When dinner can be easy AND make the family happy, it makes for one happy, gluten-free mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment