Friday, April 18, 2014

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup - Four ways to enjoy!

Can you tell that I like to use my slow-cooker? Well, I did it again, and this time I made something that will please you no matter how you like to eat your Mexi-meal.

And, it is easy, low in fat, and will make your whole family happy.

First, throw the following into your slow cooker:

1 small package dry (about 2 cups) pinto beans (or black beans if you'd rather).
2 cans mild Rotel tomatoes
1 can corn niblets (or whatever canned corn you have), drained
1/2 to 1 package taco seasonings (depending on how spicy you like it)
3 chicken breasts


Cook on low for about 8 hours.


 Then grab a fork and break up the chicken breasts (they will pretty much fall apart at this point). Here comes the fun part - serve it up anyway you want.


Serve it as soup with a little shredded cheese and tortilla strips, or get out your slotted spoon and make nachos, tacos, or taco salad:

Look at that happy smile!

My husband likes it this way.

And I think my way is the prettiest. See that nice little dollop of salsa? Yeah, after the picture I dumped a bunch more on it. The great thing about using salsa as salad dressing is that it is fat free and full of lycopene!


No comments:

Post a Comment